Friday, September 16, 2011

16-9-2011 Hokkien Prawn Mee

The usual me....Was watching tv this afternoon and have the thought of making Hokkien Prawn Mee and went to TESCO Extra at Sg.Dua to buy some cooking ingredients. Mom taught me how to cook this and I also added in 'Sengkuang' aka Sweet Turnip. This is to replace rock sugar (as in most online recipe they encourage to add in rock sugar)..Normally I will make a big pot of the broth but since I am cooking it for our dinner I just make quarter of the pot. And last but not least....bean sprouts! Also very important garnishing...water spinach! this is whoooppppiiiilicious!

3 comments:

  1. hi, yeah i also see recipes using rock sugar, that turnip is making for making the stock is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes lena.u can use water turnip instead of rock sugar cuz it will taste sweet also..

    ReplyDelete
  3. do let me know if u need my help ya..

    ReplyDelete