Friday, February 18, 2011

Siu Mai

This evening when I've finished work I went to Tesco extra to buy the pastry skin for making siu mai. There was two type of pastry skin...one is for sui kow and the other type is for gyoza (japanese dumpling) so I called my mom to ask for the best type of pastry skin to make the siu mai...and the answer is sui kow pastry skin. Bought one packet and I hope its enough for me to make the siu mai tomorrow.

I am so looking forward to make the siu mai tomorrow and I have to wake up early to go to the market nearby my house to avoid the crowd of people. I will go for the minced meat and plan to buy the meat for 600gm and if I have the minced meat balance I will make porridge tonight..oh not to forget LARD! I am going to put the green peas on top of the siu mai instead of the fish roe.I was thinking to have shrimps added into my siu mai but after thinking twice better I go for the original kind of siu mai..oh I cant wait!!

Will upload photo once I am done with my siu mai...

No comments:

Post a Comment