Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mom's curry chicken

Since the day mom taught me how to make her signature dish which she has received a lot of compliments from our family,relative and friends I have decided to learn her signature dish from her. Therefore, mom has told me how to cook her curry and gave me the recipe. Until today I've tried so my times and each time I failed to make the same curry as mom does. I even snap photo and showed to my mom my curry chicken but to her surprise the results is totally different. I know mom has gave me all her recipe because I helped her in the preparation before but I just can't get it right.

Today I was so into eating curry chicken again and we went to TESCO at about 4.30pm to buy the ingredients and the results is still the same :( Called my mom after my dinner today and told her the problem. So I have decided when I'm back home for the long raya break I should show her the way I do my cooking. Will let her to correct my perhaps wrong cooking way / style.


This is my curry chicken for tonight it's more dry as I decided not to add in too much water and was trying to do an experiment for rendang (dry curry). I was about to fried the egg and gave a second thought..maybe hard boiled egg to be added in to my so called dry curry. It's not very hot as I add less dry chili. The funny thing is I get the same aroma but not the texture. I doubt I add in too less cooking oil and also I did not 'tumis' enough. We'll see after next week see what is the results after my mom observe my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment